Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas countdown



My girls LOVE counting down to big events. This idea is a combination of ideas that I saw online, my own thoughts, but mostly making something out of what was in the house. I made it in the colors of their room because I got these envelopes for a steal this summer at Staples. Inside each one is an object to teach a Bible story. They are not necessarily related to Christmas, just fun. For example....grape fruit snacks for when Jesus turned the water to wine, or goldfish crackers for the story of feeding the 5,000. On Christmas day there will be a picture of a baby to remind us of the baby Jesus born on Christmas. It has been a lot of fun. The girls love the suspense and the night when it is their turn to open. It has made our family bedtime/Bible story very interesting. 

1 comment:

  1. Adorable idea! Thanks for sharing! I love how you coordinated the colors to match their room as well!

    ReplyDelete