Wednesday, December 14, 2011

American Girl Western Outfit



So, I've never been good at waiting until Christmas to show off my gifts. When I was little I would always show my Mom what I picked for her from the school Christmas shop.Then I would wrap it and put it under the tree. Hopefully I've gained a little restraint since then, but not much. I've not shown Brooke yet, but couldn't wait to show all of you what I made for her beloved "Kit" for Christmas. Last year we added the doll to the family along with her horse. This year I thought she needed a riding outfit to go along with it. The skirt was in a bag of scraps from my Grandma. She had taken it off of a doll for a friend and made her doll a pair of pants. Apparently "real western" girls wear pants when they ride. For our purposes I thought the skirt was perfect.  I regathered the top and added a waist band . Then I made the matching blouse. I loved the tiny buttons. They were a gift from a good friend of my mother who shared her Mom's sewing things with me when her Mom passed away. I think of her every time I sew. I was blessed with her amazing collection of thread, buttons and notions. I feel she is honored every time a button from her collection is given a place of importance on a finished garment, or a skirt is made possible because of a piece of her elastic. Thank-you Grandma for saving this little skirt. And a world of thanks to Tonya for sharing your Mother's amazing collection. You have blessed me greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment