Sunday, January 15, 2012

Organizing Fever



January is here. Society is pathetically predictable at times. Why is it that the headline on every January issue of a women's magazine highlights weight loss and organizing? I guess it is because they are two things that we all aspire to and think that maybe this will be our year of success. This January finds me captive to illness (all of my family has endured the stomach flu-yuck!). And so I am stuck looking at my nest thinking, I have to be able to make this place better. I have to be able to live within the spaces that I call home. I think we often play victum to thoughts like," if only I had a bigger house, or money for organizing systems then I would be able to be organized". So far all of the projects that I've tackled have been done with things that I all ready have...rearranging containers,and utalizing my ever faithful printer. Take a look. 
Now I am both inspired and humbled. I recognize that I have more than will actually fit into my spaces and so it is time to purge. My plan is to have a spring garage sale and to pick a family to benefit from the proceeds. Will you join me? As you organize box up your extra stuff and I will host the sale. Please leave a comment if you want to participate or if you would like to nominate a family that you think deserves the proceeds. I'm thinking that the night before could be a swap of sorts between participating families so that we can help each other too! I'll post more details as the date gets closer.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure I can come up with some stuff to give to your sale. I'll look around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so in!!!! Keep me posted :)

    ReplyDelete