Friday, May 18, 2012

Gilded Burlap Jeans






Blessings on my sweet neighbor Kristen who has an awesome garage sale every year. Her kids are just a bit older than mine and seem to be one season ahead. I am sure that I am one of the few Moms who would be really excited when a few pairs of jeans with holes in the knees came home with me. I was antsy to decorate them. On Mothers day night my gift from my family was that I ignored my normal evening chores and spent the night rescuing these jeans. Brooke loved the animal print. The key in my opinion to "patching"  pants is to extend the design beyond the knee. I like to use fusible interfacing to stabilize the material and to  stick it in place with the iron before attaching with free motion sketching. This entire project was FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment